Corporate History

The JDC Corporation was established on April 10th, 1951, with a stated capital of 100 million yen, and the aim of developing and popularizing equipment for construction work. Since then, we have transformed from an equipment rental company into a construction contractor, and finally into a general construction business.

1951
  • Founded with 100 million yen in capital
  • Established head office at 1-12 Nihonbashi Kayaba-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
  • Began rental business (with 13 pieces of equipment, including bulldozers)
1952
  • Registered with Minister of Construction, in accordance with construction law No. 58 (B)
  • Opened Oji parking lot in Kita-ku, Tokyo (Shimo-Jujo)
1957
  • Purchased the first ripper to be used in Japan, from the United States, and made them an established part of construction work in Kurihama
1960
  • Increased capital to 400 million yen
1961
  • Listed in the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
1962
  • Created the Construction Division
1963
  • Registered with the Governor of Tokyo as first-class architect office No. 4070
1964
  • Moved Head Office and Tokyo Branch to new building (2-15 Akasaka Omote-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan).
  • Listed in the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
1965
  • Completed new parking lot in the Nakatsu industrial park in Kanagawa.
  • Moved the construction office/Tokyo plant from Oji
1967
  • Increased capital to 1.6 billion yen
1968
  • Succeeded in developing and demonstrating the world's first underwater bulldozer
1970
  • Listed in the first section of the Osaka Stock Exchange
  • Increased capital to 2.65 billion yen
1973
  • Acquired special construction business license (Special 48) No. 1000, in accordance with revision of the Construction Business Act
1974
  • Received certificate No. 1756 from Minister of Construction, in accordance with the Real Estate Brokerage Act
1980
  • Changed name of the Singapore Sub-branch to Southeast Asia Branch (now Singapore Branch)
1981
  • 30th anniversary of founding
  • Primary CI activities rolled out
  • The industry's first mascot character, "Kokudo-kun", is created
  • Technical Research Center (now Technology Center) opened
1982
  • Kuala Lumpur Sub-branch renamed Kuala Lumpur Branch
  • Jakarta Sub-branch renamed Jakarta Branch
1990
  • New research laboratory completed in Atsugi
  • East Asia Branch opened
1992
  • Completed new headquarters (Akasaka MK Bldg.)
1993
  • Chosen as a "Global Environmentally Responsible Company" at the second annual Global Environment Awards, sponsored by the Fuji Sankei Group
1994
  • Signed memorandum for rainforest restoration project in Terengganu, Malaysia
1995
  • Established the South Hyogo Prefecture Earthquake Emergency Operations Committee, in response to the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake
  • Singapore Branch acquired ISO9002 certification
1996
  • Tokyo Branch acquired ISO9001 certification
1998
  • Nagoya Branch acquired ISO14001 certification
1999
  • Resolved to commence corporate reorganization proceedings (concluded in 2003)
  • Delisted from Tokyo and Osaka stock exchanges
2001
  • Established Japan Adox co., Ltd. (now a consolidated subsidiary handling the manufacture, sale, and application of structural adhesives)
  • Capital reduction and increase to new capital of 5 billion yen
2005
  • Company-wide acquisition of integrated ISO9001 and ISO14001 certifications
2007
  • Established ANION Co., Ltd. (now a consolidated subsidiary handling manufacture and sale of high-performance water treatment agents)
  • Renamed Taiwan office as Taiwan Branch
2009
  • Kokudo Koki Co., Ltd. merged with Kokudo Kaihatsu Industry Co., Ltd. (now a consolidated subsidiary)
2016
  • Acquired Japan's first general vibration-free floor rating for our JDC Vibration-free Floor System
  • Established Fukushima Ecocrete Co., Ltd. (now a consolidated subsidiary handling the manufacture and sale of roadbed materials utilizing coal ash)